Date and time
Thursday, April 27, 2023 at 11:00 PDT see it in calendar
- in English
LSBC 3 CPD hours tentative
Expiry date: 31-12-2023
CICC 3 CPD hours tentative
Expiry date: 26-4-2024
How are applications processed at visa offices? Who decides, how are decisions made?
· Appointment of agents and delegation of powers; why is this important?
· Responsibilities of the Program Manager.
· Senior officers and less experienced officers.
· The process to follow to make a decision (example: humanitarian considerations)
· Reasons for refusal
· Does case law matter? Can it really make a difference?
· Hierarchy: who should I send my request to for a quick response?
· Reality of pressure on officers at visa offices and how it influences decisions
· Refusals and officers’ discretion
· How to be successful with a file or a request for reconsideration after a refusal
· Examples of cases not conducive to reconsideration versus examples of cases conducive to reconsideration
Costregular fee - $ 90.00
Please note that speakers and topics were confirmed at the time of publishing; however, circumstances beyond the control of the organizers may necessitate substitutions, alterations or cancellations of the speakers and/or topics. IMEDA reserves the right to alter or to modify the advertised speakers and /or topics, if necessary. Any schedule substitutions or alterations will be updated on the IMEDA website as soon as possible and all registrants will be notified by e-mail.