A deep dive into the Trade agreements
- in person
- in English
Canadian Free trade agreements (FTA) are treaties that open markets to Canadian businesses by reducing trade barriers and, in some instances, they allow for the mobility of foreign nationals into Canada. Did you know that Canada is part of approx. 91 FTA's, but not all of them have special immigration provisions. This seminar will review the FTA's that offer foreign nationals a mechanism to enter as Business Visitors or entry on a Work Permit. We will review the following:
• What Free Trade Agreements allow for immigration processing and what are the requirements?
• If the US pulls out of NAFTA, what are the options?
• What are the advantages of processing a work permit under an FTA?
• Processing and application "tips"
• What are some of the ethical issues surrounding immigration processes under this category?
o Professional responsibility to client and government agencies
o Danger of misrepresentation – past and future
o Dealing with dual representation – employer and employee
300 The East Mall
- regular fee - $ 90.00
Please note that speakers and topics were confirmed at the time of publishing; however, circumstances beyond the control of the organizers may necessitate substitutions, alterations or cancellations of the speakers and/or topics. IMEDA reserves the right to alter or to modify the advertised speakers and /or topics, if necessary. Any schedule substitutions or alterations will be updated on the IMEDA website as soon as possible and all registrants will be notified by e-mail.