Date and time
Thursday, August 17, 2023 at 13:00 EST see it in calendar
- in English
LSBC 0 CPD hours tentative
Expiry date: 31-12-2023
CICC 3 CPD hours tentative
Expiry date: 16-8-2024
This webinar will breakdown IAD Appeal regarding Family Class Spousal Sponsorship Refusal. We will also cover basic IAD proceeding rules applicable to this topic and the other two IAD webinars Avery gives during July and August 2023. Starting July 1st 2023, IRB practice will be only open to RCIC-IRB tier licensees.
- Appeal right - who has it?
- Appeal based on genuine relationship, such as adoption
- Appeal based on H&C on insufficient MNI (minimum necessary income)
- Parent(s) and grandparent(s) application
- Orphaned siblings, nephew, niece and grandchild application
- "Lonely Canadian" application
- Preparing for an Appeal
- New IAD timeline since January 2023
- Preparing pre-hearing disclosure and arranging ADR
- Coaching testimony, appellant(s) and witness(s)
- Witness selection and preparation - applicant does not necessarily have to testify
- Working with/against Minister Counsel
- After IAD Appeal
- IAD dismissal - possible H&C application
- Ethical Practice
- What to do with no hope no merits cases?
- New 2022 professional conduct codes
Costregular fee - $ 90.00
Please note that speakers and topics were confirmed at the time of publishing; however, circumstances beyond the control of the organizers may necessitate substitutions, alterations or cancellations of the speakers and/or topics. IMEDA reserves the right to alter or to modify the advertised speakers and /or topics, if necessary. Any schedule substitutions or alterations will be updated on the IMEDA website as soon as possible and all registrants will be notified by e-mail.