Children in immigration process
- in English
- Special issues relating to children in refugee law
- Best interests of the child arguments since the Supreme Court of Canada’s decision in Kanthasamy v. Canada (Citizenship and Immigration) – impact on arguments on humanitarian and compassionate applications and at the Immigration Appeal Division
- Special considerations in making arguments on best interests of the child in deferral of removal cases
- Section 117(9)(d) and dealing with non-disclosure of children on a parent’s permanent residence application
- Ethical issues that can arise when representing children
555 Seymour Street
- These video recordings are offered free-of-charge for their educational value. They are not eligible for CPD hours by any regulatory body.
Please note that speakers and topics were confirmed at the time of publishing; however, circumstances beyond the control of the organizers may necessitate substitutions, alterations or cancellations of the speakers and/or topics. IMEDA reserves the right to alter or to modify the advertised speakers and /or topics, if necessary. Any schedule substitutions or alterations will be updated on the IMEDA website as soon as possible and all registrants will be notified by e-mail.