Combined event: BC PNP and Children in immigration process
- in person
- in English
ICCRC 4 CPD hours
Save $ 20 when you register for these two seminars. Plus earn $ 10 credit if you register in April
Children in immigration process
- Special issues relating to children in refugee law
- Best interests of the child arguments since the Supreme Court of Canada’s decision in Kanthasamy v. Canada (Citizenship and Immigration) – impact on arguments on humanitarian and compassionate applications and at the Immigration Appeal Division
- Special considerations in making arguments on best interests of the child in deferral of removal cases
- Section 117(9)(d) and dealing with non-disclosure of children on a parent’s permanent residence application
- Ethical issues that can arise when representing children
What's new with BC PNP?
An insightful view on the current BC PNP presented by Ron McKay.
555 Seymour Street
- regular fee - $ 100.00
Please note that speakers and topics were confirmed at the time of publishing; however, circumstances beyond the control of the organizers may necessitate substitutions, alterations or cancellations of the speakers and/or topics. IMEDA reserves the right to alter or to modify the advertised speakers and /or topics, if necessary. Any schedule substitutions or alterations will be updated on the IMEDA website as soon as possible and all registrants will be notified by e-mail.