Date and time
Thursday, April 21, 2022 at 10:00 PDT see it in calendar
- in English
CICC 3 CPD hours
Expiry date: 21-4-2023
LSBC 3 CPD hours
Expiry date: 31-12-2022
Canada-USA Land Crossing Flagpole Process
The seminar will introduce the concept of flagpole. We will cover dos and don’ts of flagpole, types of temporary resident applications, advantages of the process and how to ethically advise flagpole clients.
- What is land border crossing for legal immigration?
- Benefits o Vancouver side of POE vs. Toronto side of POE o Updates under Covid (real world examples from spring 2022)
- Dos and Don’ts
- Types of Application and relevant Acts and Regulations o Work Permit
- Visitor Record o Study Permit o Maintained status
- Overcome Overstay/ Non-compliance o Temporary Resident Permit for other inadmissibilities
- PR landing
- Ethical Representation
- Risk and pitfalls
- Preventative Steps – Review your client’s file wearing OFFICER’s hat
- Attitude in oral submissions o Alone CLIENT at POE without representative
Costregular fee - $ 90.00
No CPD -
Please note that speakers and topics were confirmed at the time of publishing; however, circumstances beyond the control of the organizers may necessitate substitutions, alterations or cancellations of the speakers and/or topics. IMEDA reserves the right to alter or to modify the advertised speakers and /or topics, if necessary. Any schedule substitutions or alterations will be updated on the IMEDA website as soon as possible and all registrants will be notified by e-mail.