Internal coding - understanding the ATIP reports
- in English
LSBC 3 CPD hours - Validity of the recording expired on: 06.10.2019
Internal Coding - Understanding the results of ATIP requests
Jason Cayer, RCIC, was an Officer with CIC and CBSA for more than a decade. This seminar will take you through the process of making the ATIP request and interpreting the information that is received.
Step by Step instruction on
- How to make an ATIP request
- Who should you make the request to?
- What information is held by CIC?
- What information is held by CBSA?
Internal FOSS coding
- Reviewing and explaining the coding system used in the Field Operations Support System (FOSS), including
o Work permits and Study Permits
o Temporary Resident Permits
o 44 reports
o Removal Orders
o Standard Immigration History
Computer Assisted Immigration Processing System (CAIPS).
- A review will be conducted of common CAIPS codes.
Global Case Management System (GCMS) review
- The transition from FOSS to GCMS is underway at ports of entry. GCMS can be used to access both FOSS and CAIPS notes by officers - so understanding coding will remain relevant. An overview will be provided.
"Actual-Case" examples of requests and their interpretation will be presented. We will also discuss how to put the coding information to work for you and your clients.
1487 West Pender Street
- These video recordings are offered free-of-charge for their educational value. They are not eligible for CPD hours by any regulatory body.
Please note that speakers and topics were confirmed at the time of publishing; however, circumstances beyond the control of the organizers may necessitate substitutions, alterations or cancellations of the speakers and/or topics. IMEDA reserves the right to alter or to modify the advertised speakers and /or topics, if necessary. Any schedule substitutions or alterations will be updated on the IMEDA website as soon as possible and all registrants will be notified by e-mail.