Date and time
Wednesday, January 30, 2013 at 05:00 PDT see it in calendar
- in English
LSBC 3 CPD hours
Expiry date: 31-12-2014
CICC 3 CPD hours
Expiry date: 29-6-2013
Morris J Wosk Centre for Dialogue, Salon B580 West Hastings St.
IMMIGRATION ESSENTIALS II
Afternoon: Sessions 3 & 4
Spousal sponsorship: Preparing a successful application
Presenter: Catherine Sas, Q.C. (Miller Thomson LLP)
Using real case studies and fact patterns learn a common sense approach to preparing successful spousal, common-law and conjugal partnership sponsorship applications.
• interviewing your clients to gather information - what you need to know
• compiling evidence of a genuine relationship - how much is too much
• putting the pieces together - what a decision maker needs to see
• will correct preparation equal faster application processing times
• interview coaching - getting your clients ready for tough questions
• advising clients in Canada - choosing between In Canada Class or Overseas processing
Anatomy of an IAD Sponsorship Appeal
Presenters: Laura Best (Embarkation Law Group) & Alex Ning, RCIC
Practical, step-by-step guidance to thoroughly prepare for an IAD Sponsorship Appeal from the moment of refusal to walking into a hearing
• IAD rules
• Rules of evidence
• Representation and advocacy
• ADR or hearing
• Identify ethical issues
What every immigration practitioner needs to know NOW!
This video recording is offered free-of-charge for its educational value. It is not eligible for CPD hours by any regulatory body
This free seminar is already in your library – you cannot purchase it.
Please note that speakers and topics were confirmed at the time of publishing; however, circumstances beyond the control of the organizers may necessitate substitutions, alterations or cancellations of the speakers and/or topics. IMEDA reserves the right to alter or to modify the advertised speakers and /or topics, if necessary. Any schedule substitutions or alterations will be updated on the IMEDA website as soon as possible and all registrants will be notified by e-mail.