Is your client going out of status?
- in English
ICCRC 3 CPD hours available until: 25.12.2018
1. My client is going out of status, what should I do?
a. For Visitors
b. For Students
c. For Temporary Workers
d. For parents / grandparents
a. Renew, if possible or look for suitable alternatives
iii. Paper applications
b. Change Conditions?
i. Have circumstances changed for the applicant?
c. Apply for permanent residence
i. Express Entry
ii. Provincial Nominee Program
iii. H and C options
d. Spousal Sponsorship (if applicable).
i. In-Canada spousal policy
e. Court / Tribunal Options to consider
ii. Federal Court
iii. What to do if CBSA is involved
3. Ethical issues
a. What if
• the previous professional made an error
• you don’t have enough experience
• your client refuses to follow your instructions
• your client lied on the previous application
• there is nothing you can do to help?
4. If the client is detained, how can I assist him/her
a. Pointers and tips
5. What if the client is being removed from Canada?
a. Outline of different Orders
c. Processes / procedures
i. Detention review
iii. Request for Deferral of Removal
iv. Stay Application
555 Seymour Street
- regular fee - $ 90.00
Please note that speakers and topics were confirmed at the time of publishing; however, circumstances beyond the control of the organizers may necessitate substitutions, alterations or cancellations of the speakers and/or topics. IMEDA reserves the right to alter or to modify the advertised speakers and /or topics, if necessary. Any schedule substitutions or alterations will be updated on the IMEDA website as soon as possible and all registrants will be notified by e-mail.