Mastering the refugee system - Part 1
- in English
ICCRC 3 (tentative) CPD hours
Identify and discuss relevant international treaties pertaining to refugees and human rights.
• Understand Canada’s obligations toward refugee claimants.
• Identify the relevant sections of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act as they relate to refugees and persons in need of protection.
• Discuss the difference between a refugee and an economic immigrant
• Describe inclusion, exclusion and cessation elements of the definition of a Convention Refugee
• Understand the criteria for determining refugee status and the criteria for granting protection to persons in need of protection.
UNHCR Convention on Refugees
• Convention Refugee Section 96
• Ss.97(1) 7 (2)
• Exclusion clauses s.98
• Cessation clauses Ss.108(1) & (2)
• Section E&F Article 1, IRPA Schedule
- regular fee - $ 90.00
Please note that speakers and topics were confirmed at the time of publishing; however, circumstances beyond the control of the organizers may necessitate substitutions, alterations or cancellations of the speakers and/or topics. IMEDA reserves the right to alter or to modify the advertised speakers and /or topics, if necessary. Any schedule substitutions or alterations will be updated on the IMEDA website as soon as possible and all registrants will be notified by e-mail.