The Big Little Lies
- in English
LSBC 3 CPD hours available until: 20.06.2025
Material fact and misrepresentation
What difference does intention to mislead make?
- Incorrect information vs. misrepresentation vs. omission
- What if it was made without your knowledge?
What makes something “material”?
- Is it relevant to the determination?
- Would the fact affect the process for assessing the application?
- Could an investigation into that fact have affected the outcome?
The defense of reasonable and honest belief in truthfulness and completeness of submissions?
- Originating case
- Rare circumstances where it can be a reasonable defence
Effect of lack of disclosure of material fact on underlying application
- Vacation hearings: not all is lost
- PR applications and the 5 year bar
- TRV applications: putting your best foot forward
- regular fee - $ 90.00
Please note that speakers and topics were confirmed at the time of publishing; however, circumstances beyond the control of the organizers may necessitate substitutions, alterations or cancellations of the speakers and/or topics. IMEDA reserves the right to alter or to modify the advertised speakers and /or topics, if necessary. Any schedule substitutions or alterations will be updated on the IMEDA website as soon as possible and all registrants will be notified by e-mail.