Date and time
Wednesday, May 10, 2023 at 13:00 EST see it in calendar
- in English
LSBC 3 CPD hours tentative
Expiry date: 31-12-2023
CICC 3 CPD hours
Expiry date: 9-5-2024
Misrepresentation and its (un)expected consequences
- What is a misrepresentation.
- Legislation and case law.
- What is the impact of a misrepresentation on an immigration application.
- Materiality v. non-materiality.
- What is a procedural fairness letter.
- When does an Applicant have a right to a procedural fairness letter.
- How does an applicant reply to a procedural fairness letter.
i. What does an applicant include?
- What are the consequences if an Applicant is determined to have misrepresented themselves in an immigration application.
- Refusal, Possible Exclusion Order and Ban from Canada for Five Years.
- What can be done by a representative to resolve the consequences of a finding of misrepresentation.
- Federal Court.
- New Application / Authorization to Return to Canada.
- Ethics and Professionalism:
- What do you do if you suspect there is a misrepresentation.
- How do you ensure that you do not participate in a misrepresentation.
- How can you best manage the file to avoid a misrepresentation.
i. Statutory Questions.
ii. Client Review.
iii. Explanation of consequences from representative.
Costregular fee - $ 90.00
Please note that speakers and topics were confirmed at the time of publishing; however, circumstances beyond the control of the organizers may necessitate substitutions, alterations or cancellations of the speakers and/or topics. IMEDA reserves the right to alter or to modify the advertised speakers and /or topics, if necessary. Any schedule substitutions or alterations will be updated on the IMEDA website as soon as possible and all registrants will be notified by e-mail.