Date and time
Thursday, March 16, 2023 at 10:00 PDT see it in calendar
- in English
LSBC 3 CPD hours
Expiry date: 31-12-2023
CICC 3 CPD hours
Expiry date: 15-3-2024
Service/Retainer agreements and new Ethics codes
This webinar will breakdown the retainer/client relation updates in the new ethics codes published in June 2022. We will also cover basic contract law which is applicable to any services.
- Overall changes- Retainer Agreement renamed to Service Agreement
- Background of contracts and promise, valid offer and acceptance
- Who has jurisdiction, provincial small claim courts or CICC disciplinary committee?
- Written initial consultation agreements are mandatory in new codes
- What to do with no hope no merits cases? – new codes
- Dedicated retainer explanation meeting
- Scope of services and Expectation of clients
- Early termination and dispute resolution
- Hourly or Milestone or Flat Fee charges
- Fair and reasonable charges
- Ban to provide both services simultaneously
Costregular fee - $ 90.00
Please note that speakers and topics were confirmed at the time of publishing; however, circumstances beyond the control of the organizers may necessitate substitutions, alterations or cancellations of the speakers and/or topics. IMEDA reserves the right to alter or to modify the advertised speakers and /or topics, if necessary. Any schedule substitutions or alterations will be updated on the IMEDA website as soon as possible and all registrants will be notified by e-mail.