Your clients and CBSA
- in English
Barreau du Québec 3 CPD hours - Validity of the recording expired on: 09.08.2016
LSBC 3 CPD hours - Validity of the recording expired on: 18.12.2015
* Overview of the processing stream at the Port of Entry
* Overview of an officer's shift at a land border, along with the airport
* Port of Entry facts you may not know
* Real world examples of cases gone wrong - from disastrous to strange to amusing
* The importance of being truthful and full disclosure.
* Extending Stays vs. New Applications - what it means to seek entry
* "Flagpoling" - the benefits, along with risks and pitfalls. How implied status is impacted
* First Impressions are everything - package, introduction and the POE
* The benefits of reviewing your client's case "as an officer" prior to arrival at the POE
* Preparing your client and recognizing potential difficulties
* Consequences of an application gone wrong
* The most common dangerous mistake
* Designated and Delegated authority (addressing the chain of command)
* Options for addressing issues if your client is alone at the port or otherwise needs assistance
500 Granville Street
- These video recordings are offered free-of-charge for their educational value. They are not eligible for CPD hours by any regulatory body.
Please note that speakers and topics were confirmed at the time of publishing; however, circumstances beyond the control of the organizers may necessitate substitutions, alterations or cancellations of the speakers and/or topics. IMEDA reserves the right to alter or to modify the advertised speakers and /or topics, if necessary. Any schedule substitutions or alterations will be updated on the IMEDA website as soon as possible and all registrants will be notified by e-mail.