Date and time
Tuesday, May 16, 2017 at 09:00 EDT see it in calendar
- in English
LSO 0.5 Professionalism
LSBC 6 CPD hours
CICC 6 CPD hours
Hart House, University of Toronto7 Hart House Circle
Parking: $ 15 per day. Credit card or coins. Pay at the pay machine. Short walk from TTC.
Express entry - eligibility, admissibility and immigration programs
• Eligibility to the Federal Economic Programs for Skilled Workers
o Assessment before creating a profile (what are you assessing for? Need to know all available immigration categories, including PNP options)
o Ethics: How much is too much before you accept a case?
Client’s claim vs. reality
Short timelines to submit the application after ITA
Unpredictable situations if not verified upfront
o Admissibility check – PA and every family member
• Express Entry as an Electronic Management system
o Terminology (applying for permanent residence under EE category)
o Understanding the concept
o Mastering the technology, process and procedures
• Who can use Express Entry?
• Uploading an Express Entry profile
• Educational Credential Assessments
• Accepted language tests
• The Comprehensive Ranking System
o Changes as of December 19
• Arranged employment under Express Entry
• An overview of the Express Entry draws
• Tips for practitioners on uploading an Express Entry profile
• Lessons: the good and bad about Express Entry
• Maximizing a client’s CRS score
• Provincial Express Entry streams
• Ethical considerations:
o dilemmas when declaring information on Express Entry and using the representative portal
o managing clients’ expectations
explanation of the system (immediate changes to the qualifications, process and procedures not in the representatives’ control
o honesty and candour – overpromising, contingency payments, promised timeline
o knowing one’s limitations – co-counsel, mentor, referral
o danger of misrepresentation – what is material fact?
Costregular fee - $ 180.00
Please note that speakers and topics were confirmed at the time of publishing; however, circumstances beyond the control of the organizers may necessitate substitutions, alterations or cancellations of the speakers and/or topics. IMEDA reserves the right to alter or to modify the advertised speakers and /or topics, if necessary. Any schedule substitutions or alterations will be updated on the IMEDA website as soon as possible and all registrants will be notified by e-mail.