Immigration Essentials I
- in English
LSBC 2.5 CPD hours - Validity of the recording expired on: 31.12.2014
IMMIGRATION ESSENTIALS I
What every immigration practitioner needs to know now
A full-day, educational event chaired by
Catherine Sas, Q.C. (Miller Thomson LLP)
Morning: Sessions 1 & 2
Federal Skilled Worker Program Update: 'A whole new game'
Presenter: Victor Ing (Miller Thomson LLP)
Learn about the latest changes to Canada's cornerstone immigration program including:
- the revised points calculations
- the occupational categories
- language proficiency requirements
- new age brackets
- skilled trade class
- foreign credentials assessment
Presenter: Peter Larlee (Larlee Rosenberg) Presenter: Gregory Zuck, Hearings Officer, Inland Enforcement (Canada Border Services Agency) Presenter: Andrew Osborne, RCIC, former CIC and CBSA Senior Immigration Officer
Learn about the latest issues concerning misrepresentation and how to advise your clients.
- conducting thorough client interviews - ask the right questions
- addressing errors, omissions and falsehoods in previous applications
- issues at the Port of Entry
- ethical issues for practitioners
Practical, step-by-step guidance to thoroughly prepare for an IAD Sponsorship Appeal from the moment of refusal to walking into a hearing.
Rules of evidence
Representation and advocacy
ADR or hearing
Identify ethical issues
580 West Hastings St.
- These video recordings are offered free-of-charge for their educational value. They are not eligible for CPD hours by any regulatory body.
Please note that speakers and topics were confirmed at the time of publishing; however, circumstances beyond the control of the organizers may necessitate substitutions, alterations or cancellations of the speakers and/or topics. IMEDA reserves the right to alter or to modify the advertised speakers and /or topics, if necessary. Any schedule substitutions or alterations will be updated on the IMEDA website as soon as possible and all registrants will be notified by e-mail.