LMO from A to Z
- in English
Barreau du Québec 3 CPD hours - Validity of the recording expired on: 23.05.2015
LMO from A to Z
Assessment of your client’s needs:
• Who needs an LMO?
• What is the purpose of an LMO from a Service Canada perspective?
• Educating your client about the circumstances where an LMO is issued:
o Labour market needs
o Prevailing wage rates
o Eligible employer
o Job description and NOC Code
o Proof of Recruitment
When to take the case? When NOT to take the case?
Getting started. You’ve accepted the case. What’s next?
• Determining the:
o NOC Code
o Evaluating the job description with Labour Market Information
o Setting the wages, hours and contract duration
o How many positions are open?
o Preparing the job description
o Posting the job ads
Using common sense about where to post
Doing MORE than the minimum
o Evaluating responses
o Tracking recruitment efforts
o TEAMWORK with the employer – communication is key
o Determining likelihood of success of the LMO application based on recruitment results
• Submitting the LMO application
o Application forms – information you need from the employer
o Proof of recruitment
o Business License
o Other supporting documents to include
o Your submission letter
LMO application has been submitted. What’s next?
• Average processing times
o Regular LMO vs ALMO
o Current provincial processing times
• Confirmation of File number
• Preparing your client for the phone call from Service Canada
• Ongoing recruitment
Frequently Asked Questions
• The employer already has someone in mind for the position. What do I need to know about this person?
• The employer has already advertised for the position with no luck. Do we need to re-advertise?
• The employer wants me to find someone for the job. Can I do that? Can I charge a fee to the employer or the worker for recruitment?
• The worker has contacted me about doing an LMO application. Who pays my fees? Who is my client?
Please note: the webinar option may be cancelled if the demand is not high. We will notify everybody latest 1 week in advance of the availability of the webinar option. If no webinar, you can select either full refund or watch the recording of the seminar.
515 West Hastings Street
- regular fee - $ 75.00
Please note that speakers and topics were confirmed at the time of publishing; however, circumstances beyond the control of the organizers may necessitate substitutions, alterations or cancellations of the speakers and/or topics. IMEDA reserves the right to alter or to modify the advertised speakers and /or topics, if necessary. Any schedule substitutions or alterations will be updated on the IMEDA website as soon as possible and all registrants will be notified by e-mail.