My application is sent. What happens now?
- in English
LSBC 2 CPD hours available until: 31.12.2018
Inner workings of IRCC once an application is submitted
• Who sees the application first?
• Key person / Key department to reach in case of refusals or priority treatment depending on application types
• How processing and the visa office is chosen in each case and the success rates and challenges using both methods.
• How to solve problems with applications, refusals wrongly made, documents not received etc. Who to go to besides CSE, how to approach the matter to get case reviewed, etc.
• Sending what where (go to border? submit online? submit to visa office? Inside or outside Canada?)
• What do you do if one your files is unduly delayed?
• What is the role of the Program Manager within the immigration office?
• How to communicate with CIC
• Flag poling – when, who, how?
• Entry visa vs. temporary resident status (visitor record, work permit, study permit)
• Immigration categories vs Express entry management system
• Applying online vs. paper application
• Using VAC – or not
• Implied status – principles, issues, concerns – preserved vs. lost rights
• Perfected application – complete application
- regular fee - $ 50.00
Please note that speakers and topics were confirmed at the time of publishing; however, circumstances beyond the control of the organizers may necessitate substitutions, alterations or cancellations of the speakers and/or topics. IMEDA reserves the right to alter or to modify the advertised speakers and /or topics, if necessary. Any schedule substitutions or alterations will be updated on the IMEDA website as soon as possible and all registrants will be notified by e-mail.