Talking to IRCC and Mastering the CEC
- in English
Barreau du Québec 3 CPD hours - Validity of the recording expired on: 24.05.2015
LSBC 3 CPD hours - Validity of the recording expired on: 31.12.2014
Communicating with CIC (Richard Kurland)
1. Where's the proof it was sent?
2. "Show me the money" - how was it paid and where's the receipt?
3. ATIP - the quick "how to"
(i) Your consent - on file?
(ii) PDF - go electronic only!
(iii) new CIC ATIP electronic system - use it.
4. Inside Help
(i) the "vanilla fax" - update me please!
(ii) Manager please! - "send again"
(iii) My HQ - "alert that Federal Court is a last resort"
5. MPs and Senators - free help.
(i) Job descriptions
(ii) Expedited information service to MPs and Senators
6. Federal Court process - the pro's and cons
(i) what is mandamus?
(ii) Rule 9
(iii) When to discontinue
(iv) Can you re-apply for mandamus?
(v) Can you later challenge a case refusal if you failed at mandamus?
7. ATIP - do it again
8. Reconsideration or re-application?
What to expect on the political front in the next 12 months and how it will impact your current and future clients.
Canadian Experience Class – Special Cases (Rudolf Kischer)
1) Brief Over View of CEC Class
- Skill Level
- Hours Calculation
- Language Ability
- Processing times
2) Special Cases
- Religious Workers under 186 (l) and 205 (d)
- What is the difference?
- Foreign Diplomats
- Foreign Military
3) Self Employed
- Is it possible?
- Family ownership
4) Actors and other careers that look like employees
5) Pros and Cons of Canadian Experience Class.
6) Case Studies
515 West Hastings Street
- These video recordings are offered free-of-charge for their educational value. They are not eligible for CPD hours by any regulatory body.
Please note that speakers and topics were confirmed at the time of publishing; however, circumstances beyond the control of the organizers may necessitate substitutions, alterations or cancellations of the speakers and/or topics. IMEDA reserves the right to alter or to modify the advertised speakers and /or topics, if necessary. Any schedule substitutions or alterations will be updated on the IMEDA website as soon as possible and all registrants will be notified by e-mail.