- in English
LSBC 3 CPD hours - Validity of the recording expired on: 31.12.2015
Barreau du Québec 3 CPD hours - Validity of the recording expired on: 11.02.2016
Paid Archive 1 - Validity of the recording expired on: 17.12.2020
Advanced Labour Market Opinion Issues
How to make LMOs “Work” for your Clients
• LMO recruiting requirements and recruitment exemptions
• LMO applications for non-traditional employment situations
• Bulk labour market opinions
• Compliance and enforcement
Criminal inadmissibility in TFW applications
“Little hidden” secrets and how to deal with them
DUIs, Reckless Driving, and convictions for assorted other offences are often the hidden little secrets of many TFWs, including Business Visitors, Professionals and Intra-Company Transferees from the U.S. under NAFTA.
• Conducting business and working in Canada under a special category can be grounds for issuing a TRP to accompany the Work Permit
• How to Assess a TRP Case (A Listing, Discussion and Weighing of Factors, For and Against)
• Consideration of tangible benefits to the Canadian employer or business
• Anatomy of a (compelling) Submission Letter for a TRP
• Supporting documents, including police records, court dockets, letters of reference, etc
• Use of the IMM 1444 Application for Rehab, for a TRP application
• Protocols for Submission Letters and applying for a TRP; acknowledging Officer's discretion in the matter
• Two or three sample Case Studies (briefly)
• Comparing the elements of an offence when a conviction may not equate, including Case Study.
515 West Hastings Street
- These video recordings are offered free-of-charge for their educational value. They are not eligible for CPD hours by any regulatory body.
Please note that speakers and topics were confirmed at the time of publishing; however, circumstances beyond the control of the organizers may necessitate substitutions, alterations or cancellations of the speakers and/or topics. IMEDA reserves the right to alter or to modify the advertised speakers and /or topics, if necessary. Any schedule substitutions or alterations will be updated on the IMEDA website as soon as possible and all registrants will be notified by e-mail.